Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Heathkit Alecs on Ebay

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Heathkit Alecs on Ebay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

    These would be an excellent choice if you were gonna add subs anyway.

    May go for a decent price.

    I've been informed by my significant other that we don't have room for these.

    I'm thinking of putting up a new building and starting an "Altec rescue" operation.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member dhook17322's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2003
    Posts
    176
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    An Altec Rescue Mission - a very worthy cause indeed. It is tragic that usually when you see 515's on ebay, a 210 cab just hit the dumpster. While less so with 828 cabs, if you left the decision up to wives, there would be few A7's at home. Definitely a need for an adopt-a-VOT program!

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Red face

    Yeah, I saw those. I have a very nice pair of As-21s now and wouldn't mind another pair and I especially like the console.

    But my wife and I just can't figure a place to put the stuff; not with sets of AS-21s, 890 C Boleros, 605As and A7s already going in the house. ;-)

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Heathkit Alecs on Ebay


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    Where I eventually planning on retiring to I've got room for a pole barn. Or two.

    About 6 months ago I saw RCA W's go begging. In ten years if you want 210's you'll probably have to build them. Fortunately prints are plentiful. But there are lots of Altec boxes with no prints.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member intotubes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Man, these only have about 20 min to go and are only at $381!I would LOVE to have these. I have a st of Carmels which are the Altec version of these. I know how they sound. Another set would be so cool for an HT with model 19s as the mains. Someone's gonna get a deal.
    -Mark

  6. #6
    Inactive Member intotubes's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 21st, 2006
    Posts
    71
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, maybe not. These babies went for over $1200!

    Oh, well. They were pretty clean and did come with a console and Dual truntable.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Tom Brennan's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    213
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I paid $1200 for mine about a year ago. Mine were made in 1961 and have a more old-style kind of grillcloth.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.